Saturday, October 07, 2006

FIN

Fin.


Ian and I made the trek up to Cape Spear in a raging storm. Steep climbs and thick fog made the trip uncomfortable and dangerous. After a quick obligatory photo next to the plaque it was into the bathrooms to try and regain some warmth. We ended up taking a cab back to the hotel. Yeah, we're lightweights.

The Newfoundland posse. We picked up random cyclists along the way. Originally it was just Ian and I, then Irene and Jean-Sebastien, and finally John.

Irene celebrates her 8000th kilometer.

Here I am standing next to the no smuggling sign. This was my last day of riding. After 68 days on a bicycle, I could finally see the end. As you can see, I was excited.

Argentia ferry terminal. This was my first look at Newfoundland. Rugged landscape.

View of the Atlantic ocean from the Newfoundland ferry. It was a long trip... 14 hours I think. I saw a couple of porpoises swimming off the bow of the boat at one point. According to some ferry regulars, the porpoises plowing alongside the boat is a common occurance.

Ferry from North Sydney to Argentia.

This is my art photo. Watch out Burtynsky, there's a new kid on the block.

My homeboy Ian from Ottawa. At only 18 years of age, Ian rode from Ottawa to St.John's solo. Pretty impressive. At 18 I was only interested in sitting on my duff and finding new ways to skirt responsibility and work.

Cape Breton.

Nova Scotia! Nine down, one to go.


In the bowels of the ferry upon arrival in Nova Scotia.

View of the Atlantic from the ferry to Nova Scotia.


My one and only photo from PEI. By this point, I was so obsessed with making good time I blew past nearly everything of interest. In the distance is Confederation Bridge. I had intended to take pictures while I crossed the bridge by shuttle bus, but was distracted by conversation with the driver. Ce la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home